What & Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
Personal Data provided by you:
- Personal data about you upon registration – You will be asked to provide your email address to establish an Account.
- Personal data that you choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services – If you request to participate in an optional Site feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from you.
Personal Data as you use our Site or Services:
We will collect information about you as you use the Site or Service, such as your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source and device information.
Through tracking services, we will collect information about you such as length of visit, page views and navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your usage, operating system, device information, behavior, visited pages, etc. This anonymous information can not be identified directly with you.
We collect information about purchases you’ve made through our Site or Services, such as product type, subscription type, date of purchase, etc.
Personal Data about you if you visit as a guest:
Certain limited Services are available without being required to log in to or establish an Account, also referred to as Guest Usage. Such is visiting our trade site, accessing a download or upload link and others. We will collect information about you such as length of visit, page views and navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service usage, operating system, device information, behavior, visited pages. This anonymous information can not be identified directly with you.
Personal Data about you from third-party sources:
- Personal Data from payment processors: we will collect information about you from payment providers when you purchase products offered on the Site or Service. Information varies per payment providers but might include: your IP address, country, email, post code, name, last four digits of your card.
- Personal Data about your friends and contacts – It may be easier to share content with your friends and contacts if you provide their email addresses while using the Service or if you connect your contact list or friend list to your Account. If you choose to connect your contact list information on your device with your Account and/or establish an account connection between a social media platform and your Account, we will collect and use your contact list or friend list information to show suggestions when you want to share content from your Heartland with someone.
- Personal Data about you when you register with third party services – When you choose to establish an Account at Heartland with a third party service, we might receive information about you such as name, language, gender and other, depending on the access permissions you allow.
Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services:
We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
We may share information as discussed below.
Others working for and with Heartland:
Our Services display information like your name, profile picture, device, and email address to other users in places like your user profile and sharing notifications. You can also share User Content with other users if you choose. When you register your Heartland account with an email address on a domain owned by your employer or organization, we may help collaborators and administrators find you and your team by making some of your basic information—like your name, team name, profile picture, and email address—visible to other users on the same domain. This helps you sync up with teams you can join and helps other users share files and folders with you.
Certain features let you make additional information available to others.
You can also give third-party providers access to your information and account. Just remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
Heartland Team Admins:
If you are a user of a Heartland team (e.g., Heartland Business plan), your administrator may have the ability to access and control your Heartland account. Please refer to your organization’s internal policies if you have questions about this. If you are not a Heartland team user but interact with a Heartland team user (by, for example, joining a shared folder or accessing stuff shared by that user), members of that organization may be able to view the name, email address, profile picture, and IP address that was associated with your account at the time of that interaction.
Law & Order and the Public Interest:
We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Heartland or our users; (d) protect Heartland’s rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
You can access, amend, download, and delete your personal information by logging into your Heartland account and going to your account settings page. You can also limit the way we collect and use your data on the user control page of your Heartland account.
When you sign up for an account with us, we’ll retain information you store on our Services for as long as your account is in existence or as long as we need it to provide you the Services. If you delete your account, we will initiate deletion of this information after 30 days. Learn more here. But please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Around the world. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world—including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Heartland is subject to oversight by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
Your Right to Control and Access Your Information:
You have control over your personal information. For example, you have a right to:
- Erase or delete all or some of the User Content in your Heartland account.
- Change or correct personal data. You can manage your account and the content contained in it, as well as edit some of your personal data, through your account settings page.
- Access and take your data. You can download a copy of User Content in a machine readable format as outlined here. You can also ask us for a copy of personal data you provided to us.
Have questions or concerns about Heartland, our Services, and privacy? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org